The first Bristol Ladyfest since 2007 takes place over the weekend of July 7/8 with an exciting array of lady-centric musicians, artists, filmmakers, DJs, comedians and poets all showcasing their talents. Early bird tickets go on sale on April 15 via DrunkenWerewolf at £20 for access to all Saturday and Sunday events. That offer runs out on May 15, when the price increases to £25. A festival warm-up party is being held at Colston Hall on the Friday night (July 6). Profits from Ladyfest Bristol will be split equally between four charities: Womankind, One25, The Well and Rape Crisis.
Current lineup details below:
Friday: Lipstick On Your Collar pre-party @ Bristol County Sports Club, Colston Hall
Saturday: Live music from lots of Wears The Trousers favourites: Gabby Young, Rachael Dadd, This Is The Kit, Shrag, The Horn The Hunt, Hysterical Injury, She Makes War, Rozi Plain, Straylings, Rita Lynch and Mary Epworth @ The Fleece from 5pm ’til late
Sunday: Various events across the Stokes Croft area from 10am, including:
- A screening of ‘Dreams Of A Life’ and other films at No 51
- FGN’s ‘Silent Scream’, Naomi Smyth’s ‘Invisible Circus: No Dress Rehearsal’ and other documentaries with Q&A sessions at Art House
- Workshops for safeguarding and understanding modern feminist issues
- Classes on creative writing, music making and dancing
- Exhibitions by Rachael Dadd, Laura Kidd (She Makes War), Annie Gardiner (Hysterical Injury) and more
- Open debate at The Canteen
- Evening comedy in association with What The Frock (venue TBC)
Check out the Bristol Ladyfest blog for details of pre-festival fundraising events taking place around the city in May and June.